- 2 medium strawberries, sliced, plus 1 slice for garnish
- 1 1/2 ounces tawny port
- 3/4 ounce pineapple gum syrup (see Note)
- 1/2 ounce Cynar (bitter artichoke aperitif)
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce chilled dry sparkling wine
- 3 dashes of absinthe
How to make this recipe
In a cocktail shaker, muddle the 2 strawberries. Add the port, gum syrup, Cynar and lemon juice. Fill the shaker with ice, shake well and fine-strain into a large chilled coupe. Top with the sparkling wine and absinthe and garnish with the strawberry slice.
Pineapple gum syrup, thickened pineapple-flavored simple syrup, is available from smallhandfoods.com.