Lamb Steaks with Shallot-Anchovy Relish
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3 large anchovy fillets, minced
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced rosemary
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Four bone-in lamb leg steaks, cut 1/2 inch thick (6 to 7 ounces each)
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the shallots and cook over high heat, stirring, until just softened, about 1 minute; transfer to a small bowl. Stir in 3 tablespoons of the olive oil and the parsley, anchovies, coriander seeds and rosemary. Season the shallot relish with salt and pepper.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season the lamb steaks with salt and pepper. When the oil is almost smoking, add the lamb steaks and cook over high heat until well browned on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Turn the steaks and cook just until the lamb is medium rare, about 1 minute longer. Transfer the lamb steaks to a platter, top with the shallot relish and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.