- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 5 dozen pizzettes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/4 cup chopped mint leaves
- 1 cup Greek-style plain yogurt
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chile oil, plus more for drizzling
- 30 mini 2-inch pitas, separated into 2 rounds each
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Brush 2 large baking sheets with olive oil. Arrange the pitas cut side up on the baking sheets and brush with olive oil. Bake in the upper and lower thirds of the oven, shifting the sheets, for 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly toasted and crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the mint with the scallions, cumin, cinnamon, pine nuts, egg, 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Add the lamb and knead until evenly combined. Spread each pita with a slightly rounded teaspoon of the meat mixture and bake for about 8 minutes, shifting the baking sheets, until the lamb is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the yogurt with the 1 1/2 teaspoons of chile oil and the remaining 2 tablespoons of mint and season with salt and pepper. Spoon small dollops of the yogurt onto the pizzettes and garnish with a drop of chile oil. Serve right away.
Cassis-scented Cabernet Franc from the Loire Valley.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.