Lamb Chops with Rosemary and Garlic
- SERVINGS: 6
Eric Ripert cooks lamb chops on a large thin piece of slate, which he preheats over an open wood fire for an hour.
- 3 rosemary sprigs
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Tweleve 7-ounce lamb loin chops
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large shallow dish, combine the rosemary, garlic and olive oil. Add the lamb chops and let marinate for 1 hour.
- Preheat a grill pan. Remove the lamb chops from the marinade and scrape off some of the rosemary and garlic. Season the lamb chops with salt and pepper and grill over moderate heat until medium rare, about 4 minutes on each side. Serve at once.
Look for a powerful, concentrated red with hints of herbs, something that can stand up to the charred flavors here. Try a classic Bordeaux.