- 2/3 cup chopped mint leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 double-rib lamb chops (about 10 ounces each), trimmed
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
In a medium bowl, combine the mint, cilantro, garlic, lemon zest and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Season the lamb chops generously with salt and pepper and coat them with half of the herb mixture. Wrap the lamb in plastic and let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes. Stir the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the lemon juice into the remaining herb mixture.
Light a grill or preheat the broiler. Scrape the marinade off the lamb and grill the chops over a medium-hot fire or broil, turning, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center of a chop registers 125°, about 17 minutes for medium-rare meat. Transfer the lamb to plates, drizzle with the mint-cilantro relish and serve.