- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground fennel seeds
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- One trimmed 8-bone rack of lamb, cut into 4 double chops
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 medium fennel bulb, cored and very thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, slivered
- 1 head escarole (about 1 pound), leaves torn
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Light a grill or heat a grill pan over moderately high heat. In a saucepan, toast the ground coriander and fennel seeds over moderate heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in 1/4 cup of the olive oil and cook until the oil is warm. Stir in the vinegar and honey, season with salt and pepper and keep warm.
Season the chops with salt and pepper. Grill the chops, turning once, until nicely browned, about 8 minutes for medium-rare meat; keep warm.
In a large skillet, melt the butter in the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the sliced fennel and cook over moderate heat until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the escarole and cook just until wilted, about 4 minutes. Stir in the cilantro and season with salt and pepper.
Spoon the vegetables onto a platter; top with the chops. Spoon the warm vinaigrette over the chops and serve.