- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground fennel seeds
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- One trimmed 8-bone rack of lamb, cut into 4 double chops
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 medium fennel bulb, cored and very thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, slivered
- 1 head escarole (about 1 pound), leaves torn
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Light a grill or heat a grill pan over moderately high heat. In a saucepan, toast the ground coriander and fennel seeds over moderate heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in 1/4 cup of the olive oil and cook until the oil is warm. Stir in the vinegar and honey, season with salt and pepper and keep warm.
- Season the chops with salt and pepper. Grill the chops, turning once, until nicely browned, about 8 minutes for medium-rare meat; keep warm.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter in the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the sliced fennel and cook over moderate heat until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the escarole and cook just until wilted, about 4 minutes. Stir in the cilantro and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the vegetables onto a platter; top with the chops. Spoon the warm vinaigrette over the chops and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.