Lamb Chops Sizzled with Garlic
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Las Pedroñeras, in the CastillaLa Mancha region, is considered the garlic capital of Spain. These juicy, meaty lamb chops sizzled in extra-virgin olive oil with plenty of garlic cloves are Janet Mendel's homage to the village.
- Eight 1/2-inch-thick lamb loin chops (about 2 pounds), fatty tips trimmed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 small garlic cloves, halved
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- Season the lamb with salt and pepper and sprinkle lightly with thyme. In a very large skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Add the lamb chops and garlic and cook over moderately high heat until the chops are browned on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Turn the chops and garlic and cook until the chops are browned, about 2 minutes longer for medium meat. Transfer the chops to plates, leaving the garlic in the skillet.
- Add the water, lemon juice, parsley and crushed red pepper to the pan and cook, scraping up any browned bits stuck to the bottom, until sizzling, about 1 minute. Pour the garlic and pan sauce over the lamb chops and serve immediately.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.