- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Four 1-inch-thick lamb loin chops (about 6 ounces each)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 small fennel bulb, cored and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 anchovy fillets, rinsed and minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped Calamata olives
- 1 tablespoon drained small capers
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
How to make this recipe
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil until shimmering. Season the lamb chops with salt and pepper, add them to the skillet and cook over moderately high heat, turning once, until browned, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in another medium skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Add the fennel, garlic and shallot and season with salt and pepper. Cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until the fennel is crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Off the heat, add the anchovies, parsley, olives, capers, crushed red pepper and vinegar. Mound the relish on 2 plates and top with the lamb chops. Drizzle with any accumulated lamb juices and serve.
Spicy Syrah from Monterey County.