- TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Adding ricotta to a quick mix of ground lamb and fennel creates moist, delicious meatballs
- 2 cups lamb filling from Lamb Roast with Mustard Pan Sauce
- 3/4 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- One 24-ounce jar marinara sauce
- 2 basil sprigs
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, for serving
- In a medium bowl, mix the lamb filling with the ricotta. Form the mixture into 2-inch balls. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and cook the meatballs over moderate heat until browned all over, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring the marinara sauce to a simmer. Add the meatballs and basil sprigs, cover and simmer over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the meatballs are cooked through, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with grated cheese.