- TOTAL TIME: 5 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes 1 drink
Although this fruity rum-based cocktail is made with marmalade and sugar, it’s not too sweet.
- 4 basil leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon superfine sugar
- 2 ounces light rum, preferably Caliche
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/4 ounce Cointreau
- Dash of orange bitters
- 1 ounce cold club soda or seltzer
- In a chilled collins glass, muddle the basil leaves with the orange marmalade and sugar. Stir in the rum, lime juice, Cointreau and bitters. Fill the glass with ice and stir well. Top the cocktail with club soda and serve.