- 2/3 ounce Irish whiskey, preferably Bushmills
- 2/3 ounce oloroso sherry
- 1/2 ounce Red Currant Syrup or grenadine
- 1/3 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cane syrup or Rich Simple Syrup
- 1 2/3 ounces chilled Champagne
- 1 small bunch of red currants, for garnish (optional)
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add all of the remaining ingredients except the Champagne and the garnish and shake well. Strain the drink into a large chilled coupe and top with the Champagne. Garnish with the red currants.