L.A. Gas Station Tacos
- TOTAL TIME: 10 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 4 tacos
Los Angeles's Kogi BBQ truck started the Korean-taco craze. Chef Roy Choi also loves the trashy ingredients (processed cheese! pork rinds!) sold at American gas stations.
- Four 5-inch flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup prepared bean dip
- 4 slices American cheese
- 4 thin slices of ham
- 1/4 cup jalapeño cheese dip
- 1/4 cup crumbled pork rinds
- 2 tablespoons shredded beef jerky
- 4 pickled jalapeños, sliced (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 Red Delicious apple, cut into matchsticks
- Hot sauce
- On a microwave-safe plate, arrange the tortillas in a single layer. Top with the bean dip, American cheese, ham and cheese dip and microwave until melted, about 1 minute. Top with the pork rinds, jerky, jalapeños, apple and a dash of hot sauce. Fold and eat.
Crisp, refreshing pilsner: North Coast Brewing Co. Scrimshaw.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.