Kung Pao Shrimp with Cashews
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 small dried red chiles, 4 halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound shelled and deveined large shrimp
- 1 cup roasted cashews
- 1/2 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- In a bowl, mix the orange juice, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and cornstarch.
- In a wok, heat the oil over high heat until smoking. Add the chiles and salt; stir-fry until browned, 45 seconds. Add the onion, ginger and garlic; stir-fry until fragrant, 15 seconds. Add the peppers and cook until crisp-tender, 30 seconds. Add the shrimp and stir-fry until nearly cooked through, about 5 minutes. Stir the sauce, add to the wok and cook until thickened slightly, 30 seconds. Stir in the cashews and sesame oil; serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.