- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons oyster-flavored sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup black vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 8 small dried red chilies
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1/2 cup diced bamboo shoots
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup Honey-Glazed Walnuts
How to make this recipe
Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add chicken and stir to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes. Combine sauce ingredients in a bowl; set aside.
Place a wok over high heat until hot. Add 2 tablespoons oil, swirling to coat sides. Add chilies and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 10 seconds. Add chicken and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Remove chicken and chilies from the wok.
Add remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil, swirling to coat sides. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 10 seconds. Add celery, bell pepper, and bamboo shoots; stir-fry for 1 1/2 minutes. Return chicken and chilies to wok; stir-fry for 1 minute. Add sauce and bring to a boil. Add cornstarch solution and cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens. Add walnuts and toss to coat.