© Armelle Habib
Kumquat and Pineapple Chutney
- TOTAL TIME: 35 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes about 1 cup
- 1 rounded cup kumquats (5 ounces)
- 1 cup finely diced peeled pineapple ( 1/4 pound)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Madeira
- In a small saucepan of boiling water, blanch the kumquats for 1 minute. Drain and repeat 3 times. Halve each kumquat and squeeze out any juice; discard the pulp and seeds. Finely dice the skin.
- In the same saucepan, combine the diced kumquats with the pineapple, lemon juice, brown sugar, orange juice, kumquat juice and Madeira and bring to a boil. Simmer the chutney over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 8 minutes.
Make AheadThe chutney can be refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Serve WithPork or veal chops, duck breasts, cold leftover roasts, cheese plates, country terrines.