- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Asian sesame oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 large garlic cloves, minced
- 5 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- Five 1/2-inch thick, boneless rib eye steaks (2 pounds), pounded 1/8 inch
thick and cut into 4 pieces each
- Lettuce and steamed rice, for serving
How to make this recipe
In a large, nonreactive bowl, whisk the apple juice with the soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, garlic, scallions, sesame seeds and pepper. Add the steak and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
Light a grill. Remove the meat from the marinade. Grill the meat over high heat, turning once, until lightly charred outside and slightly pink in the center, about 30 seconds per side. Transfer to a platter and serve with lettuce and rice.