- 1/4 cup gochujang
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon dry sake
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons gochugaru
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds pork shoulder or pork belly, cut into 4-by- 1/8-inch strips
- Canola oil, for frying
- Thinly sliced scallions, for garnish
- Lettuce leaves and steamed short-grain rice, for serving
How to make this recipe
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the pork, canola oil, scallions, lettuce and rice. Add the pork and turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of canola oil. Add the strips of pork in batches, taking care not to crowd the pan, and stir-fry over moderately high heat until cooked through and browned in spots, about 2 minutes per batch. Add more oil to the skillet as necessary.
- Transfer the pork to a platter and garnish with scallions. Serve with lettuce leaves and steamed rice.
Slightly off-dry German Riesling.