Köfte with Pistachios and Tahini Sauce
- SERVINGS: Makes 35 köfte
- 1 1/2 cups (7 ounces) shelled unsalted pistachios
- 3/4 pound ground lamb
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 2 medium onions, grated
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons pure olive oil
- Tahini Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the pistachios on a rimmed baking sheet and toast in the oven for about 8 minutes, or until lightly browned; let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the lamb, beef, pistachios, onions, cumin, salt, black pepper and crushed red pepper and mix with your hands. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Lightly knead the parsley into the meat. Roll the meat into tablespoon-size balls. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet. Add half of the meatballs and cook over moderate heat until browned all over, about 8 minutes; reduce the heat if the meatballs brown too quickly. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and meatballs. Serve the meatballs hot or at room temperature with the Tahini Sauce.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.