- SERVINGS: 4
Kiwi takes the place of the traditional cucumber in this version of the lightly spiced Indian yogurt condiment.
- 1/2 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 2 kiwis, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 tablespoon coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon pure red chile powder or crushed red pepper
- In a dry skillet, combine the mustard, cumin and coriander seeds and toast over moderate heat, stirring, until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Coarsely grind the seeds in a spice grinder or mortar.
- In a bowl, combine all but 1 tablespoon of the kiwi with the yogurt, sour cream and onion. Stir in the spices, cilantro and chile powder and season with salt. Cover and refrigerate until cold. Garnish with the reserved kiwi and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.