- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup grated onion
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely diced celery
- 1/2 pound king crabmeat, coarsely chopped
- Tabasco sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 package (1 pound) sliced seeded cocktail rye, lightly toasted
Preheat the broiler. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese with the onion, ketchup, mayonnaise and celery. Fold in the crabmeat and season with Tabasco, salt and pepper.
Spread a heaping teaspoon of the crab mixture on each toast to cover the surface. Broil in 2 batches for about 2 minutes, or until evenly browned. Serve hot.