Kimchi Bloody Mary
- ACTIVE: 30 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 8
This clever bloody Mary variation gets its heat and flavor from pureed kimchi, along with a dash of Sriracha chile sauce.
- 2 packed cups kimchi (16 ounces)
- 46 ounces tomato juice, such as Sacramento
- 1/4 cup Sriracha chile sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups vodka (16 ounces)
- Mint sprigs or shiso leaves, for garnish
- Working in batches, puree the kimchi with the tomato juice, Sriracha, Worcestershire and vinegar. Set a fine-mesh strainer over a bowl and strain the kimchi puree, pressing gently on the solids to extract as much juice as possible; you should have 6 cups of kimchi-Mary mix. Discard the solids or reserve them for another use. Chill thoroughly, then season with salt and pepper and stir in the vodka. Serve over ice, garnished with mint sprigs or shiso leaves.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.