- 3 cups coarsely shredded Napa cabbage (8 ounces)
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, peeled and julienned
- 1/2 medium yellow bell pepper, peeled and julienned
- One 3-inch piece of daikon, peeled and julienned
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons julienned ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons Chinese chile sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the cabbage and blanch for 1 minute. Drain and rinse under cold water. Squeeze the cabbage and pat dry. In a large bowl, toss the cabbage with the carrot, bell peppers, daikon and scallion.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the soy sauce, honey, ginger and garlic with 1 cup of water and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and add the fish sauce, chile sauce, the lime, lemon and orange juices and the paprika. Pour the mixture over the vegetables and toss well. Let cool. Transfer the vegetables to a tall airtight jar, cover and refrigerate for 2 weeks.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.