Kielbasa Fried Rice
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
In this fried rice, kielbasa stands in for the usual Chinese sausage, which can be hard to fine.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 12 ounces smoked kielbasa, thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 6 scallions, white and green parts separated, thinly sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 4 cups cooked white or brown rice (see Note)
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- In a nonstick wok or large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil. Add the kielbasa and stir-fry over high heat until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the wok along with the onion, carrots and white scallions and cook until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the rice and all but 1 tablespoon of the scallion greens, and stir-fry until the rice is heated through and beginning to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Push the fried rice to the side of the pan to create a well. Pour the eggs into the well and cook, stirring gently, until nearly set. Return the kielbasa to the skillet and toss with the eggs and fried rice, cooking for 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the soy sauce. Transfer the fried rice to bowls, garnish with the remaining 1 tablespoon of scallion greens and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.