Keow Wan Green Curry Paste
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes about 3/4 cup
This fresh-tasting, spicy green curry paste is extremely versatile. Try it with shrimp, salmon, snapper, chicken and assorted mixed vegetables.
Slideshow: More Delicious Curry Recipes
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 7 black peppercorns
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 stalks of fresh lemongrass, tender inner bulb only, chopped
- 1/3 cup loosely packed cilantro
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves
- 4 green Thai chiles, stemmed and chopped
- One 1 1/2-inch piece of galangal, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon Thai shrimp paste
- In a small skillet, toast the coriander seeds, cumin seeds and peppercorns over moderately high heat until fragrant and beginning to pop, about 1 minute. Transfer to a spice grinder and let cool completely. Grind to a powder.
- In a food processor, combine the spice powder with all of the remaining ingredients except the salt and process to a paste. Season with salt.
Make Ahead The fresh curry paste can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.