© Antonis Achilleos
- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 1 drink
At The Woodsman Tavern in Portland, Oregon, mixologist Evan Zimmerman infuses cherry liqueur with the smoked tea Lapsang souchong. The result? An excellent riff on an old-fashioned.
- 1 Lapsang souchong tea bag
- 6 ounces Heering Cherry Liqueur
- 1 1/2 ounces bourbon
- 1 dash of Angostura bitters
- 2 brandied cherries skewered on a pick, flaky sea salt and 1 lemon twist, for garnish
- In a glass, steep the tea bag in the Heering for 30 minutes. Press excess liquid from the tea bag and discard.
- Fill a pint glass with ice. Add the bourbon, bitters and 1/2 ounce of the infused Heering; stir well. Strain into an ice-filled rocks glass. Dust the skewered cherries with salt. Garnish with the cherries and lemon twist.
Make Ahead The leftover infused Heering can be stored at room temperature for up to 1 month.