Katie's Pimento Goat Cheese
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 10
"My grandpa always used to make pimento cheese for me with sharp cheddar, or even Velveeta," says Katie Lee about the sweet pepper–studded spread, a Southern classic that's also a great dip. "I wanted to make it more grown-up." Katie's goat-cheese version is light and silky.
More Dips and Spreads
- One 11-ounce log of fresh goat cheese, softened
- 4 ounces smoked cheddar cheese, coarsely shredded (1 packed cup)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup drained jarred pimientos, coarsely chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish from a jar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Whole radishes and celery ribs, for serving
- In a medium bowl, using a wooden spoon, blend the goat cheese with the cheddar, mayonnaise, pimientos, scallions, pickle relish, onion powder and Tabasco and season with salt and pepper. Transfer the pimento cheese to a bowl and serve with radishes and celery ribs.