© Lucas Allen
- TOTAL TIME: 05 MIN
- SERVINGS: 1
New York City mixologist John deBary, the assistant editor for F&W Cocktails 2013, makes this zippy drink with Japanese whisky, which is quite similar to Scotch.
Slideshow: Great Scotch Cocktails
- 1 1/2 ounces Japanese whisky, preferably Yamazaki 12-year-old
- 3/4 ounce Sercial Madeira
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- Scant 1/2 ounce orgeat (almond-flavored syrup)
- In a cocktail shaker, add the whisky, Madeira, lime juice and orgeat. Fill the shaker with ice and shake well. Strain into a chilled coupe.