- 1/3 cup sliced raw almonds
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bunches of kale, rinsed and dried, ribs and stems removed, leaves thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 4 ounces goat cheese
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 400º. Spread the almonds evenly on sheet a pan and bake for 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Whisk together the vinegar, orange juice, mustard, shallot and garlic for the dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the kale, toasted almonds, dressing and cranberries. Let sit for 10 minutes, then crumble with goat cheese and serve.
The almonds can be toasted and stored in an airtight container for up to a week. The dressing can be made and refrigerated for up to a week.