- 1 small bunch of red or green grapes, stemmed (about 3 cups)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 oregano sprig, plus leaves from 1 sprig
- 1 thyme sprig, plus leaves from 1 sprig
- Freshly ground pepper
- Two 1-inch-thick slices of sourdough bread, torn into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bunch of kale, stems discarded and leaves torn
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, freshly grated (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 anchovy fillet, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 small garlic clove, finely grated
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 400°. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the grapes with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and the herb sprigs and season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 10 minutes, until the grapes are slightly blistered. Transfer to a large bowl. Discard the herb sprigs.
On the same baking sheet, toss the bread with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and the oregano and thyme leaves and toast for about 10 minutes, until browned and crisp. Let cool, then transfer the croutons to the bowl with the grapes along with the kale.
In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the cheese, lemon juice, anchovy, mustard, garlic and remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Add the dressing to the salad, toss to coat and serve.