- 1/3 bunch green kale (4 ounces), stemmed, leaves torn into large pieces
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 small serrano chile with seeds, chopped
- 1 oil-packed anchovy fillet, drained
- 1/4 cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill, chives or parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Roasted root vegetables (such as beets and sweet potatoes), for serving
How to make this recipe
In a medium saucepan, bring 1/4 inch of water to a boil. Add the kale, cover and cook over moderate heat until wilted, 3 minutes. Drain the kale and cool slightly, then squeeze dry.
In a food processor, combine the kale, garlic, serrano, anchovy, yogurt, buttermilk, onion powder, cumin, dill and lemon juice and pulse to combine. With the machine on, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until a thick dressing forms. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the dressing to a bowl and serve with roasted root vegetables.
The dressing can be refrigerated for 3 days.