- Two 4-ounce tilapia fillets
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 4 cups lightly packed chopped kale
How to make this recipe
- Rinse and pat dry the tilapia fillets. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter and then add the tilapia fillets. Cook 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through. Remove the fillets from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan over medium heat, add the remaining tablespoon of butter and then stir in the onion. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until soft.
- Pour in the wine, lemon juice, and salt. Bring to a simmer and then stir in the kale. Cover the pan and cook for about 2 minutes or until the kale is tender.
- On the serving plates or platter, make a bed of two-thirds of the kale and onions. Top with the tilapia fillets, and then garnish with the remaining kale and onions, pouring any remaining sauce over the fillets.