- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 1
Rich in iron and vitamins A, C and E, kale is among the healthiest of greens. In this surprisingly hearty salad, raw leaves are wilted with a pinch of salt.
Plus: More Healthy Recipes and Tips
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 cup packed chopped kale leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 Hass avocado, quartered
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup packed arugula leaves
- 1 small tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1 radish, diced
- 2 large pitted green olives, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- In a skillet, toast the sesame seeds over moderate heat. Transfer to a plate.
- In a bowl, knead the kale with the salt until it begins to wilt. Add the avocado and lime juice and mash until chunky. Add the arugula, tomato, radish, olives, cilantro and sesame seeds, toss gently and serve.
NotesOne Serving 384 cal, 31 gm fat, 3.8 gm sat fat, 29 gm carb, 14.9 gm fiber.