- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 1 1/2 cups
These crispy kale bits are a fun topping for pastas made with hearty meat sauces.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 packed cups finely chopped kale leaves (3 1/2 ounces)
- 4 plump anchovies, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the kale and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until toasted, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the anchovies, crushed red pepper and panko and cook, stirring, until the crumbs are golden, about 2 minutes longer. Let cool completely, then sprinkle onto hot pasta.
The crumbs can be refrigerated for up to 3 days. Bring to room temperature before using.