- One 3-pound kabocha squash—halved, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Fine sea salt
- 12 ounces dandelion or other bitter greens, stemmed
- 1 head of Treviso or radicchio, chopped
- 1/2 cup Toasted Pumpkin Seed and Árbol Vinaigrette (see Notes)
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 400°. Heat 2 large rimmed baking sheets in the oven for at least 10 minutes.
In a large bowl, toss the squash with the oil, cumin, coriander, fennel and ginger. Season generously with salt and pepper. Spread the squash wedges on the hot baking sheets in an even layer. Roast until tender and browned on the bottom, about 15 minutes. Let cool completely.
In a bowl, toss the greens, Treviso and squash with the dressing and season with salt and pepper. Serve right away.
WINE Berry-scented Pinot Noir rosé: 2015 Meyer-Näkel.