Wheat Berry Greek Salad
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR PLUS OVERNIGHT FOR SOAKING
- SERVINGS: 6
This healthy grain salad is perfect for taking on a picnic because it's mayonnaise-free and great at room temperature.
Delicious, Quick Side Dishes
- 1 cup wheat berries, soaked overnight and drained
- 1 cup diced seedless cucumber
- 3/4 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced feta cheese
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large saucepan, cover the wheat berries with water and bring to a boil. Cover the saucepan and simmer over low heat until the wheat berries are tender but still chewy, about 45 minutes. Drain well and let stand until cool.
- In a large bowl, toss the wheat berries with the cucumber, tomatoes, feta cheese, scallion, olive oil, lemon juice and dill. Season with salt and pepper and serve.