Savory Marinated Pork Chops
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 2 HRS 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
This versatile marinade would also be great on chicken or fish.
- 3 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small green chile, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 center-cut bone-in pork chops (2 1/2 pounds)
- In a large glass baking dish, mix the fish sauce with the lime juice, lime zest, oil, garlic, chile, brown sugar and pepper. Add the pork chops and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2 hours, turning the chops after 1 hour.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Remove the pork chops from the marinade and scrape off the garlic and chiles. Grill the pork chops over moderately high heat, turning once, until charred in spots and just cooked through, about 8 minutes. Transfer the chops to plates and serve.
Serve With Sticky rice and steamed bok choy.