© David Malosh
Roast Chicken Dosas
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 6
A dosa is an Indian-style crepe that's crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
Amazing Chicken Recipes
- 1 medium baking potato, cooked
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 2 tablespoons plain whole milk yogurt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups club soda
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup plain whole milk yogurt
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- One 3 1/2 pound rotisserie chicken, meat shredded (4 cups)
- Mango chutney and chili paste, for serving
- Peel the potato and pass it through a ricer. In a medium bowl, combine the rice flour with the yogurt, salt and 1/2 cup of the riced potato. Whisk in the club soda, 1/2 cup at a time; the batter should be smooth and very thin.
- In a medium bowl, mix the yogurt with the cilantro, onion and salt. Add the shredded chicken and stir to coat.
- Heat a 10-inch nonstick skillet over moderately high heat. Add 1 teaspoon of oil to the center of the pan and immediately pour 1/4 cup of the batter directly onto the oil; the batter will spatter and spread on its own, forming a lacy crepe. (If the batter doesn't spread, thin it with club soda, adding 2 tablespoons at a time.) Cook the dosa until browned at the edge and dry on the surface, about 2 minutes. Gently flip the dosa with a spatula and cook until the browned on the second side, about 1 minute longer. Transfer the dosa to a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining batter and oil, placing the finished dosas on the baking sheet but not stacking them as they will stick together. You should have about 12 dosas.
- Top each dosa with 1/3 cup of the chicken filling, fold them over and serve immediately, passing the mango chutney and hot sauce on the side.