- 1/2 pound dry chorizo, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 dozen littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 pound linguine
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Lemon wedges, for serving
How to make this recipe
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. In a large deep skillet, cook the chorizo with the garlic over moderate heat until the chorizo crisps around the edges and the garlic turns light golden, about 7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chorizo and garlic to paper towels to drain. Drain off all but 3 tablespoons of the chorizo oil. Add the onion to the skillet and cook over moderate heat until tender, about 3 minutes. Add the clams and white wine and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over moderately high heat until the clams open, about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the linguine until al dente. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Pour the clam sauce over the linguine and add the reserved chorizo and garlic. Toss the pasta over low heat until it is lightly coated with the sauce. Season with salt and pepper and stir in the parsley. Transfer the linguine to bowls and serve with lemon wedges.