- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 4 1/2 CUPS
This makes a light, colorful side dish as well as a sandwich topping. It tastes even better the day after it is made.
Delicious, Quick Side Dishes
- 4 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 medium cucumber—peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise, preferably homemade
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, toss together the cabbage, red and green bell peppers, cucumber and scallions. Mix in the mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and black pepper. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days before serving.