- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 20 jumbo shrimp (about 2 pounds), shelled and deveined
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 dried chiles de árbol, stemmed and chopped
- 1 cup clam juice
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
How to make this recipe
In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook over moderately high heat until lightly browned, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
In the same skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the garlic and chopped chiles and cook over moderately low heat, stirring, until softened, about 1 minute. Add the clam juice and bring to a boil. Simmer over moderate heat until the broth has reduced by one-fourth. Whisk in the butter a few cubes at a time until incorporated. Add the tomatoes and shrimp and simmer until the shrimp are just cooked through, about 2 minutes longer. Stir in the lemon juice, cilantro and chives and serve.