- ACTIVE: 30 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN plus overnight steeping
- SERVINGS: 8
Trey Foshee refines a classic gazpacho recipe by pureeing the soup in his Vita-Mix blender until silky and smooth. For gazpacho with a little crunch, serve with diced tomatoes, cucumbers and red peppers, or some crostini on the side.
- 3 pounds tomatoes, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1 seedless cucumber, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- In a blender, puree the vegetables until smooth. Strain the soup into a deep bowl, season with salt and pepper, and serve.