Juicy Grilled Tomatoes
- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4 side-dish servings
The only way to grill tomatoes without losing their delicious juices is in a foil packet. Flavor the tomatoes with any fresh herbs or aromatics, then use them in a briny summer clam chowder or crostini.
Plus: F&W's Grilling Guide
- 4 tomatoes (1 pound), quartered
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes (10 ounces)
- 1 pint small mixed heirloom tomatoes, halved if large
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Light a grill. Arrange four 12-by-24-inch sheets of heavy-duty foil on a work surface. Mound the tomatoes in the center of each sheet, drizzle with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Fold up the foil to create tight packets.
- Set the packets on the grill and cover. Grill over moderately high heat for about 18 minutes, until the tomatoes begin to soften and burst. Using scissors, carefully cut open the foil packets and serve.
A juicy, easy-drinking rosé.