Juicy Buttermilk Pork Chops
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN Plus 4 hr soaking
- SERVINGS: 4
- 4 1-inch-thick bone-in pork rib chops (about 12 ounces each)
- 1 quart buttermilk
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, cover the pork chops with the buttermilk and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Drain the chops, pat them dry and season with salt and pepper. In a very large ovenproof skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Add the pork chops and cook over high heat until browned on the bottom, about 4 minutes. Turn the chops, transfer the skillet to the oven and roast for 10 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center of the chops registers 135°. Let the chops rest for 5 minutes, then serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.