Jordon's Romaine Salad
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
This green salad is one of Jordon Carroll's favorites: romaine lettuce with onion and tomato. She adds a pinch of oregano to the dressing, the way her grandmother used to.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 large heart of romaine, chopped
- 1/4 cup slivered red onion
- 4 plum tomatoes (3/4 pound), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil with the vinegar and oregano and season with salt and pepper. Add the romaine and toss well. Add the onion and tomatoes and serve right away.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.