- SERVINGS: 6 to 8
Mercadito Cantina; Manhattan
While traveling through Mexico, chef Patricio Sandoval discovered the ubiquitous snack of thinly sliced mango and jicama spiked with lime and chile. Sandoval used the dish as inspiration for this guacamole, one of the most popular of several on the menu at Mercadito.
- 3 Hass avocados, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 medium plum tomato, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 small onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 3/4 cup finely diced ripe mango
- 1/2 cup finely diced peeled jicama
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 medium chipotle in adobo, minced (1 tablespoon)
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- In a large bowl, gently stir the avocados with the tomato, onion, mango, jicama, cilantro, chipotle, jalapeño and lemon juice until well mixed but still slightly chunky. Season with salt and serve with tortilla chips.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.