© David Malosh
Jicama, Citrus and Watercress Salad
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
"I like big flavors through small bites," says Steve Sicinski. His salad combines plenty of vibrant-tasting ingredients, like pomegranate, watercress and orange, so a little goes a long way.
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 red grapefruit
- 2 navel oranges
- 1 pound jicama, peeled and cut into 2-by-1/4-inch matchsticks
- 2 bunches watercress, thick stems discarded
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- In a blender, combine the pomegranate juice, vinegar, agave nectar, mustard and lime zest. With the machine on, add the oil in a thin stream and blend until emulsified. Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- Using a sharp knife, peel the grapefruit and oranges, removing all of the bitter white pith. Working over a bowl, cut in between the membranes to release the sections. Add the jicama, watercress and pomegranate seeds to the bowl. Add the dressing, toss gently and serve right away.