Jerk Seafood Packs
- ACTIVE: 30 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 35 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 4 scallions, cut into 1 1/2-inch lengths
- 2 large garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped thyme
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 Scotch bonnet chile or 1 tablespoon Scotch bonnet sauce
- Pinch of ground allspice
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 2 pounds cockles, scrubbed
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- Light a grill. In a food processor, pulse the cilantro with the scallions, garlic, thyme, ginger, chile, allspice and nutmeg until coarsely pureed. Blend in the olive oil, tomato paste and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer 6 tablespoons of the puree to a large bowl. Add the mussels, cockles and tomatoes and toss to coat. Tear off four 20-inch-long sheets of extra-heavy-duty foil. Mound half of the seafood in the center of each of 2 foil sheets. Add the shrimp to the bowl and toss with the remaining puree. Arrange the shrimp in a layer on the seafood. Cover with the 2 remaining sheets of foil; fold up the edges all around to seal.
- Grill the hobo packs over a hot fire for about 6 minutes, or until sizzling and puffed. Using oven mitts, transfer the packs to a large rimmed platter. Open the packs carefully, pour the seafood into shallow bowls and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.