- SERVINGS: makes 1 drink
Thomas Jefferson is credited as being one of the first people to grow pomegranates in the United States, having planted a crop of the fruit trees at Monticello in 1769.
More Bourbon Cocktails
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 ounce Southern Comfort
- 3/4 ounce bourbon, preferably Maker's Mark
- 3 ounces pomegranate juice
- 1/2 ounce pomegranate molasses
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- Moisten the outer rim of a rocks glass with the 2 tablespoons of pomegranate molasses and coat lightly with the sugar. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add all of the remaining ingredients and shake well. Fill the rocks glass with ice and strain the drink into the glass.