Jasmine Rice with Tomatoes and Cornichons
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 35 MIN
- SERVINGS: 10
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 3 cups jasmine rice
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 pint yellow or red cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cornichons
- 1 cup chopped basil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a saucepan of boiling salted water, blanch the snap peas until crisp-tender; using a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate and let cool.
- Add the rice to the boiling water and cook, stirring a few times, until just tender, 15 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water; spread the rice out on a baking sheet and let dry for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large serving bowl, whisk the oil with the vinegar. Cut the snap peas into 1/2-inch pieces and add them to the dressing along with the rice, cherry tomatoes, cornichons and basil. Toss well, season with salt and pepper and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.